Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Weight Loss Journey + Collage: Part One


As you know I've been going to Crossfit since the end of August 2008.  It has been quite a journey, and I didn't realize how much I've changed until I saw these pictures.

In Pictures 1-4 I was at the peak of my weight - 290 pounds.  I was there for about 2 years.  Miserable.  Uncomfortable.  Always sweaty.  Always tired.  And ALWAYS eating.  My doctor put me on Cholesterol medication which was humiliating and had horrible side effects.  Two weeks after that prescription began, I started Crossfit.

In Picture 5 I am about 2 months into Crossfit, I think.  I had lost probably 10-12 pounds and even though my body was restricting my movement A LOT, I was feeling way better than I had in a long time.  2 weeks after I started Crossfit I stopped taking the Cholesterol meds, and a month after that went back to have my Cholesterol re-checked.  It was NORMAL!

Picture 6 is just before my surgery, probably February or March of this year.  I had lost almost 30 pounds and felt SO GREAT!

The last two were taken by my 7 year old son Josiah just a few hours ago.  I have lost 42 pounds - almost 60 if you count the 15 I gained back then lost again.  I feel great.  And I didn't have to take a pill, or have surgery (no disrespect to those who have).  Not only that, but I've got my mind wrapped around this for the first time in my life.  I don't need to eat to fix my problems...in fact eating just made my problems worse!  Now if I am stressed, I don't eat...I run, I walk, I read the Bible, or I cook a VERY healthy meal or drink a huge glass of water.  Ahh, freedom is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment