Monday, October 12, 2009

Relieved dinner on Paleo...I hope!



Tonight I whipped up a really tasty dinner.  I took some leftover broccoli stalks, 2 baby Zukes, 1/4 red onion and 1/2 red bell pepper and chopped it up fine in my little chopper.  Then I sauteed that in a saucepan with some olive oil, garlic and chicken broth until it was soft and the broth was gone.  Then I added a can of Trader Joe's Marinara and heated it thoroughly with about 1/4 cup of spinach.  In the meantime I had some spaghetti squash boiling.  I got some lovely Sicilian Chicken Sausages from Trader Joes....VERY cheap. I cooked those up on the Lean Mean Grillin' Machine, then added it to the simmering sauce.  A little oil on the spaghetti squash and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese and garlic salt.  Then I spooned a sausage and some sauce over the spaghetti squash.  A side of salad, and VOILA!  I didn't miss the pasta at all and surprisingly, neither did my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment