Monday, January 18, 2010

On The Wagon, Part 3 - Detoxing & Weston Price

I remember the third day after I started Crossfit.  I had nausea, full-body aches, and I almost lost my bowels in the middle of Raleys!  I was having a classic detox - I remember that from fasting.  Well I think I may be detoxing again, because my whole body hurts, I'm having the cha-cha's (diarrhea, for those who haven't seen Parenthood), and I feel like puking!  I'm eating right and trying to make that a habit again. It's getting easier because this time we are converting the kids as well. 

We have had behavior issues with the boys lately.  After talking with our friend Carol, who follows AND teaches the Weston Price way of eating, we decided to try to modify behavior by modifying diet.  So far we have seen amazing positive changes.  There isn't anymore mac & cheese, processed snacks, or refined flours and sugars for the boys, and the response has been amazing!  And there isn't any "tempting" food around the house anymore.  Carol gave us a "Nourishing Traditions" cookbook for Christmas, and I can't wait to give the recipes a try!

So positive changes in 2010.  I am so glad that the whole family is getting in on the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment