Monday, May 31, 2010

What happened when I got sick...

Last weekend (not to be confused with Memorial Day Weekend, but the weekend before, jic) I ran myself into a ragged mess.  I became exhausted, and what followed was a week of the worst sinus infection I've had in quite a while!  I ended up at the Dr. twice, the first time, getting a healthy battery of antibiotics, then the second time, getting a steroid shot to build me up once and for all.  I was eating all the right foods, I was making all of my workouts, but I took for granted how important it is to get enough rest.

Today was my first WOD since a week ago last Friday.  I was pretty nervous about it because in times past, when I've missed WODS due to illness it is usually VERY hard to bounce back.  I won't kid you, it wasn't exactly EASY! And I probably could have done better.  But it was actually pretty FUN! Yes, I said it...fun. I know I'll be sore tomorrow....but I probably won't feel as bad as I did last week while I was in bed sucking on my inhaler!

Today's WOD: I did 145 total

3 min kb swing, 35 lb
2 min rest
1 min burpee
1 min rest
3 min row for k/cal
2 min rest
1 min burpee
1 min rest
3 min wall ball, 14 lb

Still mid-Paleo Challenge and happy to be doing it.  Lost a good little chunk of weight so far...and looking forward to losing at least another 50-75 pounds in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment