Monday, May 17, 2010

Paleo Challenge May 2010

I don't really know why, but this Paleo Challenge has been much easier to stick to than the last one.  Maybe it's because the last one came in the midst of all the major fall/winter holidays, and I have a history of terrible will power!

Today's WOD was:

200m run
then 6 rds of
10 box jumps (18in)
10 push ups
Fence Sprint
then
200 m run

followed by

5 min kettlebell snatches

followed by

evil sled pushes for 4 minutes

I was kind of excited about the box jumps once we got going because I feel different now.  I know I've lost some weight.  I don't know how much I've lost because I murdered our scale (which I believe was the best thing I EVER did).  But I know that clothes are fitting differently and I feel much better.  I also know that I don't have an appetite and have to make myself eat on a regular basis.  It's easier to eat healthy things when that's all that is in the house, too!  The kids had quite an adjustment time...but even they are getting used to it!

I've been trying to stick around and finish the things I don't finish during warm-up at the gym, which happens frequently because I am usually running behind during the school year.  So I've been working on double-unders, push ups, and whatever else I might miss in the warm up.  I am also trying to work on things at home...things like burpees, running, and jump rope as well as just general homemade mock Crossfit workouts.  I'd love to get more equipment at home, like more weights, a pull-up bar and maybe a few kettle bells. But equipment is very expensive, so I'll improvise for now.

This is a great journey...one that will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment