Thursday, June 24, 2010

Paleo Challenge June 2010 - The End

So it is the end of the 2010 Spring Paleo Challenge at http://www.level10crossfit.com/, and to my utter surprise, I am in the TOP 5 LOSERS!!  I haven't seen the photos yet, but I know that all the top 5 have lost between 17-25 pounds.  I believe I lost 18 pounds....but I am beginning to wonder now because during our last workout Santos said to me "It's a lot easier to do those burpees when you weigh 25 pounds less, isn't it?"  Anyhow, that doesn't matter.  And winning would be great.  But what matters more to me is that my body is changing and I can do the hard work required to help make that change occur!  And I can lose almost 20 pounds in 8 weeks!!! Which means I could lose the other 60-80 pounds I have left to lose in just the next 6-8 months if I really put my heart into it, like I've done over the past 8 weeks. 

I can't give up now. I've concluded that I am definitely gluten intolerant.  So Glutens are not even an option now.  I've gotten to the point of being able to run 2 miles without stopping....I am AMAZED by that because I couldn't even run a mile when I was in Jr. High.  Never been able to.  But I can now.  2 of them.  Running.  Without stopping, without walking.  My children are used to seeing me moving, doing, exercising regularly...something they NEVER saw just 2 short years ago.  They are eating healthier because I am eating healthier.  And of course my wonderful husband (YOU MEN!!) is such an amazing support....he's been eating mostly like me and not exercising, and he's lost 56 pounds!  I am so proud of him!

I love my gym.  I LOVE IT!  When I go there, I don't feel like the largest person there....it feels like an even playing field.  We all sweat the same....we all work equally hard....we all have pain after the workout.  And we all want to see each other succeed and grow.  Santos is foremost...I so appreciate his constant mindful attention to what we might be struggling with physically, and where he knows we can work harder.  He has an amazing ability to get us to do things we might not think we can do.  I love my class....and I especially appreciate the effort and encouragement of my "workout partner" Becky.  She is so incredibly encouraging and affirming.  I can't help but improve when I work out with her. 

And of course I have to be honest....I love The Biggest Loser and Losing It With Jillian.  I know, I know....the shows behind the scenes stuff is intense.  But it is inspirational anyway!  I take a lot of what they say to motivate their contestants as my own motivation.  I need outside encouragement to do what I need to do to lose this 20 years of weight I've gained!

Finally, I have to say that I am so thankful for the book, The Paleo Diet.  I had no idea how much I was poisoning my own body until I read this book.  I know that it's not for everyone, but it is DEFINITELY for me.

Can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment